Code of Equal Opportunity
Fair Housing Declaration
La Crosse Commission
REALTOR® Fair Housing Declaration
Equal Opportunity in housing is still not a reality for many people. This goal will not be achieved until we have a housing market which is free from discriminatory preferences and which respects, understands and welcomes cultural diversity. To this end, each real estate professional in our community must take a positive approach and practice our profession in keeping with the letter and the spirit of fair housing law.
Accordingly, I agree to:
- Provide equal professional service without regard to race, color, religion, sex, handicap or disability, familial or family status, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, lawful source of income, age, ancestry, and any other class protected by law in my community.
- Keep informed about fair housing law and practices.
- Develop, implement and document fair housing policies and practices for my firm which demonstrate my commitment to provide equal professional services to all.
- Develop and use advertising that is free from discriminatory preferences, limitations and exclusions, and that reflects my fair housing policies and practices.
- Inform my clients and customers about their rights and responsibilities under fair housing law by providing brochures or other written information.
- Refuse to tolerate non-compliance with fair housing law.